BOOKINGS are taken ONLY through AirBnB.
Hire rates vary according to season.
ARRIVAL TIME: is usually after 5.00 p.m. Departure time before 11.00 a.m. Other times by arrangement, but cannot be guaranteed.
FACILITIES: Included in the basic rate.
- Sitting Room with tables, chairs and woodburner. Firewood provided.
- Bedroom with 4 futon mattresses. 4 additional camping mattresses.
- Small kitchen with twin burner and grill.
- Small washroom with hand basin and mirror.
- Hallway with coat hooks.
- The Bothy is off grid, and uses solar and wind power.
- No running water, but mains water is provided in water butts.
- Lighting and 240v power provided
- NO ELECTRIC HEATERS PERMITTED.
- Portaloo chemical toilet located outside.
- Dogs welcome, but must be kept under control near livestock.
EXTRAS: payable on arrival:
- Bed linen and towels (max 4 people.) Cost is £15.00 for first night, £2.00 pppn thereafter. NOT AVAILABLE DURING COVID
Please note: Shap Fell Bothy is off-grid. Power is provided by solar panels and a wind turbine charging batteries. The batteries are sufficient for lighting and small devices, but heaters, irons, microwaves, laser printers and hair-dryers may not be used.